Sunday, February 03, 2008

Dagwood Bumstead – Critic?

I probably should have put up a review of Eli Stone yesterday but I was more than a little distracted by stuff going on in my personal life. My mother went into hospital on Friday for an operation to deal with an abdominal aneurysm. The operation was successful and my mother is recuperating but she's had a bit of a setback due to an irregular heartbeat. As you can probably imagine Thursday and Friday were pretty stressful for me and my brother and it hasn't gotten much better. TV takes a back seat and that's only right. In other words while I taped Eli Stone I haven't watched it.

When I saw the following Blondie comic strip I thought I'd be able to write something but I just ahven't been able to find the right words except to say that Dagwood is wrong about TV in general and TV characters in particular being better in the 1950s than they are today.

No comments: