Saturday, December 16, 2006

Poll Results - What night has the most shows that you MUST see?

There was a small but interesting turnout for this poll. Five people voted – fewer than I’d hoped but probably about what I expected if I’m going to be honest with myself. No one categorized Sunday or Thursday as having the most shows they must see. One person each (20%) picked Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The winner with two votes (40%) was Tuesday.

I’m not entirely sure what to make of this result. It’s possible that the smallish turnout had an effect, and of course I’m locked into the network mindset in part because I can’t see what the American cable channels are presenting. I certainly expected Thursday to get some consideration; it’s one of the major nights for me even if Fox is at its weakest – in my opinion it’s a strong night for the CW , NBC (its comedy lineup capped with ER), ABC, and of course CBS. I don’t find Tuesday to be as strong – CBS can’t find a show to work in the third hour – although there is strength from all five American networks. Friday is weak for Fox and ABC, but good for NBC and again CBS (and I suppose the CW – I’ve never fully understood the attraction of pro-wrestling in the Vince McMahon era).

New poll up in the morning.

No comments: